Except as specified below,
Proto Industrial Tools, a business unit of Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
(“Proto”) warrants any of its Proto® branded products, including products sold
by the Proto Industrial Tools that are marketed as products “by Proto,” for the
useful life of the product against defects in material or workmanship.
Torque Wrenches, Torque
Multipliers and Torque Testers are warranted for one year, except for
calibration which is warranted for ninety (90) days from date of purchase.
Torque products can be repaired and recalibrated for a nominal charge at the
Proto Authorized repair center located at 2195 East View Parkway, Ste 103,
Conyers, GA, 30013 or any other such location as may be designated by Proto.
Defects in material or workmanship will be repaired or replaced at no cost: all
other repairs will be at a nominal charge. Torque products are precise
measuring devices that require care in handling. Proto recommends that all
torque wrenches be recalibrated once a year or more, depending on usage.
Air tools are warranted for a period of TWO
YEARS from the original purchase date. Our obligation to the original purchaser
shall be limited to repairing or replacing, at our expense (not including
shipping charges) a defective tool if returned by the original purchaser within
two years from the date of purchase, all incoming shipping charges prepaid.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DEFECTS OR DAMAGES TO THE TOOL (i) after the
warranty period expires; (ii) resulting from misuse or abnormal operation;
(iii) resulting from a failure to properly lubricate, maintain or operate the
tool; or (iv) resulting from any repair or maintenance services performed by
any party other than PROTO at all DeWALT Service Centers or a person authorized
by PROTO to provide repair and maintenance services for this tool.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION
This limited lifetime warranty:
Is subject to the disclaimers and limitations described below and is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary by state.
- Does not extend to products that have been improperly used, altered, or repaired by any entity other than Proto.
- Does not cover the following categories of products: universal sockets, universal joints, thin-wall impact sockets, adapters, and retaining rings.
- Does not cover damage due to ordinary wear and tear.
- Does not extend to any claim for incidental, consequential, or special damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion may not apply to you.
- Proto makes no representations beyond those contained in this Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Employees and agents of Proto have no authority to make representations of any sort beyond those contained in this Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Distributors of record must act as a return agent.
The exclusive remedy under this Limited Lifetime Warranty for products determined to be deficient in materials or workmanship by Proto is repair or replacement with a reconditioned tool of equal value by Proto.
The selected remedy is at the sale discretion of Proto. In no event shall Proto be responsible for more than the original purchase price of the product.